Thursday, June 29, 2006

Right place, Right time?

So, I'm at church, we've set the media table and covered it, we're just waiting to see if there was further instruction, b/c we all planned to go into service. But then our fearful leader came in, and sat down at the table, and started talking about the magazine (when I get clearance, I'll let you know all about it) and it turned into a meeting. I wasn't involved, at the time, I just happened to be sitting there, listening to what was going on, if I had information that would help, I'd chime in, but I was just the hook up gal, nothing more. But then there was more talk, I chimed in more, started writing stuff down, and now I am the Media Relations person. Which is cool. I don't have a problem with that.

But later on, I asked him if he was going to the NABJ convention, since he talked about being gone most of August, and he said "no, do I need to?" And I said well not exactly, but that's where a loooooooooooooooot of big time people and connections will be, and Tyra Banks will be there (our third issue will be about fashion) and that would be nice to have her in it. And he asked me if I was going, and I said no. And he asked me if I would like to go, and I said are you paying, and he said find out how much it would cost and let me know. So hey, I might be racing to Indy after all!!!! And I can hang out with all my good peoples!!!!! And get contacts too, which of course, is the #1 priority! ;)

No comments: