Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Random thoughts part deux

So last night was my first night rolling clips, by myself. My boss watched for like 10 minutes during my first newscast, but after that, he was outta there. And that's when all hell broke loose. I rolled a clip for a package, and it was wiggin out. Everybody was like "is the clip rolling?" And I said yes, and the person next to me said yes. The other EP that was in the booth called my boss back in and then they realized it had nothing to do with me, it was the photog that sent in the wrong clip.

#2: My first 10pm, which is like 33 minutes. But ohhhh guess what, we have breaking news!!! So we're on it and I had to loop video and stuff was being killed left and right, I had to eject and put stuff back in. Thank GOD people are cross-trained, and the lady next to me knew about the system/process, because I was TOTALLY lost. But it was semi better than doing an actual show, because we kept going back to the breaking news, and using live video.

But, on the up side, I officially applied for the job I want to be promoted to. My boss said they're still looking at changing the requirements. And luckily, they have 2 positions open, so maybe they can tailor one a little bit, and leave the other one the way it is.

No comments: