Saturday, July 08, 2006

Weird sightings and other junk

Sooooooooooooo I'm sitting here trying to write a story about a horse show. A FRICKIN HORSE SHOW. It was boring, it smelled, I was sleepy, I ended up having to stand the entire time we were there. Just all out not the best time of my life. But there were some interesting moments.

At the beginning the spouted off the sponsors, and the special people they wanted to thank for being there or supporting the organization. And luckily the intern warned us that my producer/photog would get a shout out, otherwise she probably would've freaked. And so ironically, when they called her name, she got the biggest and loudest hand clap.

Anywho, there's a bunch of videos, a little cowboy mounted shooting act thingamabober, and then, we see her. This lady had to have been in her 50's, maybe 40's, but I'm thinking 50's. I saw it first on her neck, then on her thigh, then on her ankle. I COUNTED 3 TATOOS!! And it they didn't look like they were old and had stretched either. Other funny thing was, she wasn't dressed like everyone else, in jeans, cowboy hat and boots (only in Texas). But when she sat down, she pulled out a peach, and my producer/photog was like "Oh my gosh she's putting salt on a peach," and she motioned for me to slide over and see. It was weird, I don't think I've ever seen anyone do that before. But she was just a weird lady all in all.

But I guess the highlight of this thing was the event we felt we had enough video for. Team penning-Finals. A team of 3 cowboys had to get 3 cows with the same number into a pen, and whoever had the fastest time and got all 3 cows had a pretty good shot at winning. But they had to tally it up with their previous scores from the day before. It was actually kind of interesting and exciting, for what it was.

But now I'm stuck, trying to figure out what I'm going to say AND how I'm going to get back out there with no gas. I should've went ahead and wrote it and edited tonight. Although I'd probably just now be getting home.

Anywho, I hope everyone is having a safe weekend. Funny how something else that's been on my mind just ended up coming out of my fingers, instead of weekend. More on that other topic later, when I'm not too depressed and tired to write about it.

No comments: