Saturday, June 17, 2006

I forgot to talk about this a while ago, but I had the chance to experience something reporters do at a real tv station. I had an intern. It was great! She insisted on carrying everything, she kept giving me compliments (not that that is so important ;)) but it was nice.

And I sent a tape to the station with the ND I semi-know, and I was talking to my assistant ND about his thoughts on my job search and stopping by the station during my trip next week, and it turns out he knows the new ND. So he said he'd put in a good word for me, and help me in any way I can, because he wants somebody to pay his social security. (And sometimes I think he's joking, but he's made this joke several times, LOL) It's cool though, but I hope he sticks around for a while, we need his intelligence and expertise.

Now, I just have a few rants.

1) I HATE cab drivers who insist on driving the speed limit in the fast lane, and refuse to move over to another lane and let other drivers by. They'll drive in that lane if absolutely no one else is on the road and it's irritating.

2) Lately, at night people will turn their brights on just to get people to move over, so they don't have to make the energy consuming move to turn the wheel and get over to the next lane, to pass. What type of road etiquette, really lack thereof, is that crap?

3) And my grandmother upset me today. Telling me I needed to get rid of some stuff that I WANT to keep in storage containers under my bed. And I asked her if she needed them and her response was, "no, I just need them out from under the bed." And I really wanted to be like "if you don't need them, why are you concerned about what's in them?" But I just left alone.
Yes, I come from a family of pack rats, BUT, I'm not nearly as bad as some people keeping checks from banks they haven't banked at since before I started elementary school.

4) I wish you really could telecommute as a journalist. Well, I guess depending on what you do in journalism, you can, to an extent. But I'll be glad (for the little time I hope to get away from here and start my career) when I'll be in a market where I can comfortably live 10-20, maybe even 30 minutes from my job, instead of 50.

No comments: