Wednesday, January 18, 2006

So if you haven't figured it out by now, my life is pretty boring. I've done the "too much information over the internet" thing and sometimes it can backfire, so it's pretty much gonna stay that way. But I will update you on my job search.

I saw a post on Monday for another job I've already applied for, and sent another tape yesterday. Now unfortunately, well kinda fortunately, one of my former classmates got the job in September. So I've been talking to her off and on, seeing how she's doing and whatnot, and asked her about the position. Now this is the second time someone has semi-discouraged me from applying for a job...not that I think either one of them did it to keep me from being more competition. But, this time, she told me it's a one-man-band and it's not in the main bureau, and so there won't be anyone there to really mentor me and guide me through my first on-air job. But, I'm getting to the point where any job will do, and plus it's in a city that's close to more of my family that I don't get to see often, so, we'll see. Until then, I still have about 52 tapes to send out, and I'm sure they're not all going to get sent out this month. Thank God closing dates are usually a month or more after the posting date.

No comments: