Thursday, January 05, 2006

My First

For the virgin eyes, it's not what you think. Today was a not so good day, but something that happened in the middle of the day made me feel good. I did my first story of the year, about how to keep your 2006 resolutions to get healthy. And one of the healthy things that was mentioned was getting a massage. So I tell the producer/photog we should go to a massage school. I was at the most expecting to do my stand up outside, maaaaybe ask a couple of questions of an instructor. Well, I got to do that, plus the students took time out to demonstrate a swedish massage for us on-camera. And during that time, the director of the school asked about the channel we're on, and said that she watches it, and she recognized me from it. Awwwwwww!!!!!! I felt soooo special. Hence, my first time being recognized. This is only the beginning I guess.

But. First thing this morning, said producer/photog told me of a person I interned with Summer 2004, and saw ocassionally up at City Cable. This person graduated in December, and ALREADY HAS A JOB! Granted, she'll only be making $7.20/hr, she still has a job! This is so frustrating!

Plus, I had to redo my resume tape today, and decided to put the story I did today on there. And to make it easier for myself (or so I thought), I wanted to transfer the resume tape I already had, and just insert today's story. Well, this little change took over an hour. And after spending at least 30 minutes just trying to get the right version transferred, I then had to think about how I wanted to edit my story again. But it turned out okay I suppose. I'm satisfied with it for now, and whenever I get some money (another thing already wrong with 2006), at least 50 tapes will be going out ASAP; about 5 definitely need to go out muy ASAP. Anyone know of any on-air job openings?

1 comment:

Sherlon Christie said...

stay tuned to more job openings in 2006 on the ybj listserve.