Wednesday, January 18, 2006

I hate to be posting about this again, and so soon, but I was just informed about 30 minutes ago my paternal grandfather passed away. I wasn't very close to him, I only remember meeting him a couple of years ago, and saw him again in September 2004, and he didn't really comprehend who I was. Sometimes it would even take a while for him to realize who my dad actually was. But my dad is taking it hard, so if you're the praying kind, please pray for my family. If you've been reading, I lost my great aunt in December, another great aunt (my grandfather's sister in law) in February of 2005, and before that, I lost my great uncle on the day I filled out the paperwork for my current job in September 2004. It seems, even with celebrities, we're losing people so fast; Shelley Winters passed this past weekend. We've lost Richard Pryor, Lou Rawls, Rosa Parks, Neil Strawser, and John Spencer within the last 2 months or so. I don't know what this means....but I'm thinking it's time for us to step up and be somebody, like these people did, and do something with our lives.

1 comment:

Sherlon Christie said...

Oh my...i don't deal with death very well...so I hope your holding up fine.