Saturday, July 29, 2006

A couple of things

Soooooooo.......
It's official.
I'm going to the NABJ Conference this year. It will be and EXTREMELY busy time for me. I'll be working, getting contacts, networking, talking to recruiters. And also, trying to meet the people I've been laughing and crying with in cyberspace for months. I really hated that I wasn't going to be able to go, but hey, it's all working out so far. I'm currently looking for a room to lay my head in between workshops. And like I told some folks, I'm willing to sleep in the bathtub.

But also,
This will be a family vacation, afterwards. My uncle and mother are going to pick me up after the conference and we'll go to Chicago, visit some family, go to Michigan, visit some more family, you know how it goes. Unfortunately, I'm not looking forward to the drive back to Texas. It's frickin 14 hours!!! I'm just glad I won't be the one behind the wheel, b/c I've driven it before, NEVER AGAIN!

No comments: