Friday, August 17, 2007

My first vacation

So.........

I finally got to take my first vacation. I decided to take a few days off before my journalism convention and went to visit my dad in L.A. I arrived on his birthday, and was incredibly tired, with my crazy schedule and the time change. But we went to a crawfish festival in Long Beach, and then went to see The Bourne Ultimatum that night. It was great, that that I saw, b/c I kept falling asleep. But I got the gist. And I stayed at my dad's house, chillin, relaxin, watchin tv Monday and Tuesday, even though I had planned to go to work with him and knock a story out before the convention. But since that never happened, I was cool. I realized I really wasn't ready to have my work critiqued just yet. It was pretty much the same stuff from last year, and, I can't move on to another job yet anyway, so I'd just be wasting their time. Besides, anybody I'd really want to get a critique from, at the particular point, I can get it. In fact the last of my contacts that I talked to at the convention told me to send him a tape when I get back to Texas. So my next post will be some of what happened in Vegas, b/c, as you know, what goes on there.............stays there.

No comments: