Monday, April 24, 2006

So....

I have a busy week this week. Today I had a story to do before I went to my "real/not really a job" job. It was really cute. The university has a music festival and they invite school-aged children to listen to and learn about musica latinoamericana. (Can you tell I minored in Espanol?)

But I was so ecstatic to see diversity in the people that were performing. They had artists from Colombia, but in the school's jazz band, the first person I saw was a sista. PLAYIN THE TROMBONE!!!! All I could think was, you go girl!!!! I see abrothaman up there with a sax and I think cool.

But thennn...they were playing their first song, and brothaman stood up. DUDE HAD A SOLO!!! That's when I was really happy. (We makin some, SOME strides).

And....
I somehow mustered up the courage to call the news director mentioned in the previous post on Friday, and now I have an interview with him Wednesday. It's kinda semi far, so I'm gonna have to try and go to bed early and wake up early.

Tomorrow I'm going to see if I can put together another tape really quick to take with me on Wednesday, but if not, I do have to write my story. And it just so happens that a very prominent African American author will be doing an interview around the same time I'll be there. So I just might take a particular book and possibly a digital camera (if I can find some more batteries).

Work has been crazy. Since a P.A. quit, people are rearranging their schedules, and as of right now, I'm the only one on both days I'm here. Friday was awful. Everyone was behind, and somehow I ended up printing the 2nd part of the 5 13 minutes before it was supposed to start. But everything went off without a hitch.

But I will probably be back Wednesday to talk about my interview, as usual.

Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Sherlon Christie said...

You are always on the grind. I know you will land a job soon!