Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Ehhhh.

So not much has happened since my last post. The same old same old, looking for jobs, and working at my current ones. I finally sent some more tapes today (well 4, but still I sent some). I was kinda frustrated though b/c I had to go buy envelopes and I had to buy resume paper and I had to go get gas b/c I had been on E since yesterday, and it took me an hour just to get all of that out of the way and just to the parking lot of the post office. But luckily, there wasn't that long of a line. (But I'm glad I didn't try to send any Monday night, there was a line for the APC all the way out of the first automatic door, all the people trying to have their returns postdated by midnight).

But anyhoo, one of the tapes I sent was to a news director that I've known since last year, and whom I ran into again last month. He took one of my tapes, but I'm not sure if he kept it. Now there's an opening at his station, and I sent him an email, telling him I'd be glad to come out there and talk to him about/see the station/interview for the position, and the last time I sent an email saying that, he replied right away and told me whenever I was read to come out there to let him know. Well, now that I've emailed him this time, I haven't heard from him. But, I sent him a tape anyway.

And yesterday, I finally got back to the gym. I was so worn out halfway through, I felt like I had never worked out a day in my life. It was worse than my first session with a personal trainer. But, today was much better, and I got some information from one of the women working out at the same time I was about a job I could do until I find an on-air job, and my search on it led me to another job that I'm qualified for, and would be more comfortable doing. So we'll see what happens in the next couple of days.

No comments: