Friday, March 10, 2006

Okay I just saw something that bothers me greatly, but I don't think about it often, but since I just saw it, I thought I'd blog about it.

For people not on television, not in television news, not used to be around a camera, PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT TO MAKE ANY CRAZY FACES, HAND SIGNALS OR NOISES!!!!

I just watched a live shot one of our reporters did, and a guy in the background saw the camera and came straight towards it and made a hand signal (it wasn't bad, it was his school's mascot). But that crap is annoying.

It reminds me of when another reporter did a story one night, and she was surrounded by a bunch of college kids, and they were screaming their butts off so much she had to move.

Again, PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT TO MAKE ANY CRAZY FACES, HAND SIGNALS OR NOISES!!!! and for that matter NO FACES, HAND SIGNALS OR NOISES AT ALL; positive or negative.

This also reminded me of that Ollie and whoever show in NY, that I believe CAUSED the dismissal of a reporter b/c this show's hosts encouraged listeners to taunt reporters, especially when they're doing live shots, b/c it's "funny." It's not, trust me, it looks stupid, it looks unnatural, and fake, and the news is not supposed to be like that.

I say, for us journalists, if these people do it to us, we should go to their jobs and taunt them and interfere with their work. We're doing a service to them, and they're taunting us, mocking us, etc.

Once again, non-tv news people and non-journalists, DON'T BOTHER US AND WE WON'T BOTHER YOU!!!!

No comments: