Monday, March 27, 2006

Ok....I know it's been forever and a day since my last post, but so much has happened, and I haven't had time to get it all in. And now I realize I should've just written whatever and saved it.

First of all, no disrespect to the hosts of this career fair, but I went to a pretty lame career fair. Well, let me not say lame. BUT.....I can't say that it was worth my waking up early to put together 10 tapes and printing out several resumes.

Only 2 companies that I would be interested in (and incidentally, who I also have sent tapes to in the past) were there. Wait, let me take that back, there was a 3rd english speaking tv station, but it was the station I worked for. So I talked to the HR person that was there a bit and then moved on.

But when I first got there, I walked in, saw someone that has critiqued my tape before, and chatted with him a bit. Told him about my job search so far. And he gave me his perspective, took my tape, and I moved on. Then that's when I moved on to my station. Then I passed another station, the banner was for a Spanish-speaking station, but I later found out they were also representing another station, that wasn't exactly a Spanish-speaking station. BUT it was a station I had sent my tape to before, and heard nothing, so I didn't feel too bad.

So after I left my station I walk around the corner (b/c there were only like 8 booths total) pass by more radio stations and Spanish-speaking stations and come up on another station that I had sent my tape to. But I'm thinking it's XYZW, but it was actually XAZW. But still, it was a station I sent my tape to. I looked at the name tag of the guy sitting there and realized oh yeah, he told me to send him a tape. So I said "heyyyyy I sent you a tape a while ago" and he's like "okay yeah I was wondering how you looked familiar." And he asks me about what I'm doing now, says I'm getting a lot of great experience and to email him and tell him I saw him. Cool beans!!!

But on the up side, I ran into an old high school classmate, we exchanged information and then I went to work. I got there an hour and a half later than usual, and that really upset me. But on top of that, my account hadn't been reestablished yet, so it was weird.

But this morning, I finally got a hold of the ND that said I was a final candidate, and he said the exact same thing, but that he still has my tape and just to send another application.

So things are lookin up. I'll keep my 1 or 2 faithful readers posted in the mean time!!!!!

Ciao!!!!!

1 comment:

Sherlon Christie said...

I'm sure you have more than two faithful readers...you'll get that break..stay positive