Monday, February 13, 2006

Sooooooooo........where do I begin?

I've been keeping up with my daily job search, nothing spectacular....until today.

Remember the job I told you about where the ND said I was one of the final candidates? Well, never heard anything after November, but there's another reporter opening now that was posted today. Soooo....needless to say, I sent an email to him, reminding him who I am and all that jazz, and since I didn't have an envelope and didn't have time to get one today, I'll be sending my tape tomorrow morning.

I would definitely call him....except for the fact that it's the 2nd week (I think, well let's just say in the middle) of sweeps, and everybody is busy, so if I were to hear anything at all, from anyone, I wouldn't expect to hear anything until the 2nd week of March.

And of course, I told my father about it, and he chewed me out as usual, telling me I should've called and kept bugging the guy. I will this time around I guess.

In non-job searching news...
My station did a story on a dry cleaners that was closed b/c the landlord wanted to "repossess" the space, I guess b/c the owners didn't pay. Therefore, several people were not able to get their clothes, and the landlord was angry that customers called him, so he upped the amount of money the owners had to pay. Also, needless to say... after the story aired the first time, and by the time the reporter was doing the second version in the 6pm show, the cleaners was open and there was a sign saying when people were going to be able to get their clothes.

My point? I was thisclose to taking my clothes to that cleaners just 3 days ago. But, for whatever reason, I didn't. God works in mysterious ways!!

No comments: