Thursday, September 27, 2007

A Happy Medium?

So.........I vented to one of my friends about my last male species issue.....and he told me something that I never thought of before. I divulge too much personal information, and I do it too soon. Idk. I'm a journalist, I talk. And I like to be completely honest and open. Because I would want someone to show me the same respect. But on the flip side, it seems if one is too secretive, not willing to be open, "playing hard to get," then the guy also seems not interested. So what's the happy medium? What can you tell, how soon can you tell it and why do ya'll immediately want to move to sex? If ya'll don't want a relationship, why don't you just be upfront and say, "all I want is sex?" It's really just that simple. If you're talking to a real, mature woman, then you can tell the truth. She'll either take it and still deal with you, or she'll take it and she won't. 'Cause she doesn't have the desire to waste her time on someone who doesn't want what she wants.

So.....a lesson for the men. The REAL men, and those that want to be real men; tell the truth, ALWAYS. Be honest, ALWAYS. Be upfront and straightforward, ALWAYS. Because when you're "spittin' game," to a woman that doesn't have time to deal with it, you're only turning a good woman into a bad one, thinking all men are dogs.

1 comment:

CNEL said...

Some people can't make up their minds whether they want to know or don't want to know. They say it's too much, and if you were holding back, you'd be a different problem.

I'm all for honesty and full disclosure too.