Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Driving in a Winter Wonderland

Soooooooooooo, as some of you may have read/heard, there was this little ice storm in the middle of the country, and unfortunately, that included north central Texas, where I'm currently located. So I went and picked out some movies on Friday to make it a Blockbuster weekend, and prepared NOT to leave until I had to go to work Sunday night. I look outside occasionally, but I don't see anything I haven't seen before, so I think nothing of it.

Sunday night rolls around, I'm thinking I'm going to get to work early to meet some people I haven't officially met yet, and I walk out to my car and it's COVERED in ice. Mind you, I've had a little bit of sleet and snow on it before, but never 1/2 an inch of ice. So I got to spend about 15 minutes chipping away enough ice so I could see out of my front windshield, and let my front windows down to remove the sheet of ice covering them.

But now I might know what frostbite feels like. Before I left work yesterday, I tried to get some more ice off my windshields, and was pretty successful, however, I didn't appreciate the burning/stinging I felt once I got in my warm car. And now, my ring finger still hurts a little, but we'll see if it breaks off or anything.

But after that workout, I promptly left for my daily trek to Walmart and this time spent under $10, buying de-icer and an ingredient for a pasta dish, as I'm sure this will not be the only ice storm/freezing temperatures we see in 2007.

No comments: