Wednesday, December 20, 2006

First day jitters

So last night, well no, Monday night was my first day on the job. I went to sleep around 2:30, and pretty much woke up every hour on the hour, till 8:30. I couldn't take it any longer and just decided to stay up at that time. So I wanted to look nice, so I put on makeup and everything, I ended up being about 4 minutes late, but I pulled in right after the outgoing producer anyway so it was cool. She's very nice, and a very good teacher. (Tonight she had me do my own dummy show and she said she was impressed that I finished it, and it was written so well.)

Back to the first day. Sunday night I bought some cans of Red Bull, b/c I just knew I wouldn't be able to stay up. Well I forgot to take one with me to work Monday night, so around midnight I had a headache, and that went away once I had lunch. Around 4 a.m. my eyes started crossing by themselves, I was so tired. And by 6 a.m. I wanted to just fall out on the floor. But I made it through, and made it home safely. But I fell asleep in an hour, despite my best efforts to stay up and then fall asleep so I would wake up when I needed to.

But this seems a little bit easier than I thought it would. I was worried for no reason. I'll keep you posted on whatever else goes on in my little producer world. I'll have plenty of time.

Oh, and of course, my first week as a real news producer, my boss/news director is going to be anchoring my show. So yay for me, not only will he be there to witness it and to critique, but he'll be a part of the whole thing.

Till next time

Ciao!!!!

2 comments:

Sherlon Christie said...

It sounds like you will need something like coffee or tea to keep you awake

journiemajor said...

Yeah, the Red bull worked a couple of times, and I've been doin the Dew every night, but I guess I will have to invest in some caffeinated green tea now.